Baby care in winter properly
Only rarely does the temperature differences between outside and inside are larger than in winter. During warm clothing protects the body of your baby's facial skin is directly exposed to the weather. Even dry, warm air heating strains the children's skin. Learn here how you can nurture your baby in winter properly and prevent dry skin.
Intensive care for the baby in winter
Winter requires our skin from a lot. Outside, the wind whistles in icy temperatures in our faces and lets them stretch and be rough. Back in the warm dry, heated air escapes in often overheated rooms of the skin still above average humidity. The consequence of this constant change in temperature is dry and cracked skin, especially on the face, which usually can not be protected by clothing from the disturbing environmental influences. Intensive care is urgently necessary to counter painful skin irritation. This is especially true for your baby whose skin is more sensitive to some as your own.
Especially in winter, it is important to drink enough. Thus, the body is also supplied from the inside with sufficient moisture. Furthermore, it can help to increase by a wet cloth or a bowl of water on the heating humidity. Since the avoidance of very hot baths is advisable in winter, as they dry out the skin further.
Around well equipped you are with these baby care kits, which are also perfectly suitable as a gift. The Care set of Bübchen includes great amenities. All important implements such as a nail clipper and a thermometer are Philips AVENT baby care set contain.
Special requirements of baby skin
In adults, the skin provides an effective barrier against external influences such as climate, pollutants and pathogens. , This protective function in children due to immature skin structure, not optimal yet, which is why they are much more vulnerable to many confounding factors than yourself.
For this, first and foremost the fact is responsible for ensuring that the sebaceous glands are not yet fully operational in babies and young children. The skin is not only very low in fat thus, it can not develop the so-called "acid mantle", which plays an important role in the defense against germs and other contaminants also. It is a thin protective film of sweat, water, horn cells and even tallow, which keeps example pathogens to penetrate the skin.
The low production of sebum your baby's skin also has the consequence that the structure of the upper layers of the skin is still very unstable. Tallow is used in skin development as a kind of glue between the individual skin cells that can compress into a solid structure in this way. Without the tallow as a unifying element, the skin is highly permeable, both internally, as pathogens can more easily enter the body when going to the outside world, as it can not bind well water and so lost a lot of moisture on the skin.
Therefore, the thin and immature skin of your baby is very sensitive to cold, wind, heat and extreme temperature changes. As your baby in winter is very often confronted with changing influences, it is just now important to provide the skin with sufficient oil and moisture and stabilize the barrier function of the skin by regular care.
protect baby's skin in winter
The baby's skin dries out very easily by the high moisture loss in winter. The consequences of dry skin in babies are often red, itchy spots. The resulting itch is not only uncomfortable, but can, by scratching or rubbing, even to sores and skin lesions, leading to infection or inflammation. If the baby's skin dry out very strong, it can lead to cracks, which also represent a welcome invitation for germs and bacteria. Which cream for body care in the baby is the most suitable, you can find out in another article.
By drying the skin are particularly affected, which are exposed to the elements without protection. Because the baby in winter is usually packed thick, primarily the skin on the face and lips and are affected. These areas you should therefore be protected with a suitable face cream and rich fat creams.
- lips: Lips your baby do not own sebaceous glands, so the body can make no fat there to keep it supple and to provide frost protection. The increased salivation in babies lips are additionally dried out. You should maintain intensive and regular this sensitive spot so. Particularly suitable are fatty balm for the lips. So you can apply on the lips of your child and even then always straightforward Regrease when you are out and about the care substances easily. Be careful when buying, however, that no artificial flavors, fragrances or dyes are present.
- Face: To protect the delicate skin on your face your baby effectively against the cold and wind, you use the best high-fat creams. Such cold Blocker creates a kind of protective film on the skin and makes it resistant to external influences. On creams that are mainly based on water, you'd better do without in winter. They ensure by the resulting evaporative cooling on the skin surface not only ensures that the skin cools faster, they can already at temperatures of about 3 ° C freeze on the skin and so führen.Am best suited to serious skin damage to the baby's face to maintain in winter are so-called "wind and weather creams". They protect their high fat content not only reliable protection from frost and wind, but can be easily spread on the skin even at low temperatures.
After the trip to the cold, it is important to remove the greasy cream back from her face. Because under the layer of fat could develop heat buildup that may have skin rashes or sores result in warm rooms. Clean your child's face, therefore, with a soft cloth. Furthermore, it is advisable, following a winter outing to soothe the irritated skin with a soothing cream. Especially herbal ingredients such as chamomile or calendula do provide good results. But the active ingredient panthenol has proved itself in this field.
Generally, it is the purchase of a care cream for the baby advisable to ensure that the product of mainly natural ingredients is established. Creams based on vegetable oils are particularly suitable for the care of delicate baby skin. Unlike synthetic fats, so to speak, are left on the skin and protect it as superficial, penetrating vegetable oils in the deeper layers of skin. They act moisturizing and thus promote sustainable strengthening the skin structure and the formation of the natural skin barrier. For the delicate skin of babies also are good skin-related fats such as lanolin, which also have a long-term strengthening of the skin development result and form a breathable protective layer.
Even in winter, it is often advisable to use a cream with a high sun protection factor in the care of the baby. Because solar radiation is reflected by snow up to 80 percent, which is why the power of the sun in winter should not be underestimated. therefore pick on sunny days a cream with a sun protection factor of at least 20th
Even in winter, with the baby to fresh air
Even if the cold air in winter is particularly challenging for the delicate baby skin, you should not give up trips. Even in winter Your Small requires a lot of light and oxygen. The switch between cold and warm air also strengthens the immune system and stimulates the circulation. Beware, however, to put your baby warm. In what clothes you should not do without in the winter, you can find out in our article "The baby easily and properly tighten".
Only in some special cases, you should not go outside with your baby:
- In the first three weeks of life.
- Children under seven Montane should not be exposed to biting wind and temperatures below -8 ° C.
- In foggy weather walks are not advisable. The fog can connect to the air pollutants and damage the respiratory tract your baby.