Bicycle seat Stiftung Warentest
You're looking for a bicycle seat? Stiftung Warentest has tested different seats. Two models of the manufacturer Romans could convince the testers. do not experience here that bicycle seat is recommended by Stiftung Warentest and where.
Two bicycle seat models awarded "good" by Stiftung Warentest
Stiftung Warentest rated 15 bicycle seats. The top two models of the test, the manufacturer presented Romans. Of the JOCKEY COMFORT achieved the grade "good" (2.2) and the JOCKEY RELAX got the overall rating of "good" (2,3). The JOCKEY COMFORT received consistently high marks in the categories of use, safety and suitability for the child. The easily adjustable belt and footrests convinced the independent testing. The low values in the emission test conducted in this category, even for part of "good" (1.8). In the area of driving it was only enough for a "satisfactory" (2.7). was criticized by the testers, among other things, that the seat for older children was a bit narrow. With this result the JOCKEY COMFORT convinced at Stiftung Warentest on the whole. When bicycle seat test of Ökotest the judgment of the testers was different.
The second office of the manufacturer Romans JOCKEY RELAX Award categories handling and safety with good grades. With the partial grade "good" (1.6), he was rated better than the other model with the pollutants. But he had to accept "satisfactory" both in driving, as well as in the category qualifying for the child with a. For lack of space for older children still was added in this model that the seat did not have a helmet inclination.
Four bicycle seat models at Stiftung Warentest only "sufficient"
Stiftung Warentest four bicycle seat models with the verdict "sufficient" (4.0). Of the Bobike maxi + received in the emission test, the part of "good" (1.7). In the areas of driving, safety and suitability for the child of the bicycle seat of Stiftung Warentest has been rated with satisfactory grades. See for example, there could seating comfort for the child and the spoke protector, which prevents the child's feet caught in the spokes accidentally. However, the model could not shine in the handling and got the part of "poor" (5.0). Thus, in this area the model fell by the test. Grounds for the testers: the assembly of the seat was costly and the seat was not stable to mount. He also caused paint damage to the bicycle frame.
the models Messingschlager Kitty Bike Special, Profex Bike GP and Bobike mini + could also convince in emission testing with very good to excellent grades. While they all were in the categories of driving and handling in midfield, they cut in terms of comfort for the child "satisfactory" to "adequate" from. Since the seats could not be sufficiently secured, there was only a "sufficient (4.0)" for all models in the Security category. This result led to all bicycle seats to a devaluation in the final grade.
How has each bicycle seat checked at Stiftung Warentest?
Here you can you an overview as Stiftung Warentest tested exactly the bicycle seat models in each area.
- Drive (25% of the final grade): On a course of four experienced cyclists assessed the bicycle seat models for Stiftung Warentest in terms of their "fitness to drive." They drove for example, on different surfaces such as asphalt or cobblestones and tested the stability at a braking maneuver or when pushing the wheel.
- Handling (25% of the total score): An expert was testing whether the instruction manual for laymen to understand. In addition, the four cyclists checked whether the bicycle seats can say in everyday life. During the test, the actually sit on and the putting on and off of the child were simulated using a test dummy. How easy it is for the driver up to the wheel and dismount, was also examined in this context.
- Security (20% of the final grade): Each bicycle seat was tested by Stiftung Warentest in terms of its security features. It was examined, among other things, whether the belt system and the seat attachment provide sufficient protection for the child. The edges and corners were checked because a child is not to infringe on them.
- Suitability for the child (15% of the final grade): The seating comfort for the child was examined under the following aspects: Is the height of the backrest of the seat pan sufficient? the child is seated in a back-friendly position? Is a formation for a bicycle helmet in place? In this portion, the pads were put under the microscope as it should be, for example, adequately ventilated so as not to trap heat.
- Durability (10% of the total score): Stiftung Warentest tested each bicycle seat in the rolling, cold, and drop test. The models had to endure a lot. They were rated on a 200 kilometers of prepared test track. In reality, it corresponds to 10,000 kilometers driven. In addition, the seats in the fall and cold test had a fall from one meter at -20 ° C to withstand.
- Pollutants (5% of the total score): In the laboratory, the bicycle seat were also examined models of Stiftung Warentest paces. There they examined them in terms of their ingredients. The focus of the examination of the straps and pads stand for polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH), plasticizers (phthalate), and organotin compounds. These substances are suspected to be carcinogenic for example, or of altering genetic material.