Menstrual pain without Period: What’s behind it?
Menstrual pain without period have often harmless causes. The complaints can be a prolonged or shortened cycle and the absence of ovulation is based. In some cases, however, serious diseases can not be excluded. Therefore you should consult a doctor if the pain lasts longer.
Possible reasons for menstrual pain without period
Outside your period occurring abdominal pain can be caused by:
- Verspürst You also painful urination, you suffer a high probability of a bladder infection that can be treated easily with medication.
- The pain can indicate a kidney infection, which is often accompanied by other symptoms such as fever or nausea. To treat this condition you will receive antibiotics.
- Abdominal pain, feeling of pressure and urination problems are possible causes of uterine prolapse, in which conservative or surgical treatment methods are suitable.
- Further suitable trigger for your abdominal pain are kidney stones, hernia and appendicitis.
Complaints in the area of the ovaries and uterus
- Menstrual pain without period are sometimes signs of inflammation of the ovaries or fallopian tubes. These are caused by bacteria which propagate forth from the vagina towards the fallopian tubes and ovaries. The inflammation is easy to treat with antibiotics.
- Also, an ovarian cyst may be a reason for menstrual pain without period. It affects hormone production, leading to disturbances in the cycle. For large cysts that cause discomfort, surgical treatment is possible.
- Rarely an ectopic pregnancy can the abdomen complaints are based. Here is the fertilized egg in the fallopian tube rather than to nestle in the womb. This may result in the absence of the rule, abdominal discomfort and spotting. An ectopic pregnancy requiring immediate therapy.
- Particularly among new mothers or women in menopause abdominal pain resulting sometimes from a uterine prolapse, where the uterus sagging attracts the sexual organs, causing pain. serve as therapy methods such as pelvic floor exercises or hormonal treatment.